Tuesday, January 17, 2023

A few things I'm working on.

The PALETTE statement.

The "PALETTE [attribute,color]" syntax as per https://hwiegman.home.xs4all.nl/gw-man/PALETTE.html.


A _RGB2BGR function.

The palette expects a colour specified as Blue Green Red.  Because I like to specify colours in Red Green Blue, I want a function that will take my RGB colour and convert it to BGR for me when I use the PALETTE statement.


Change to screen mode 13.

At the moment and as per "out of the box" wwwBASIC, screen mode 13 has the "undefined" colour scheme (it has no colours 0,1,2,3 ...), so rgb colours must be specified whenever some colour is needed.

I'd like to change screen mode 13 to use a "P256" colour scheme.  The scheme will allow defining via PALETTE any RGB colour to each of the 256 attributes (i.e. colors 0 - 255).

The default palette for P256 will only have the first 64 colours defined, matching EGA colours as per this EGA Colour Table


What do you think ?




No comments:

Post a Comment

πŸ–₯ Flower Tesselation: Testing DRAW and recursive SUB's

This BAM program inspired by Richard Russell's "Flower-like tesselation" BBC BASIC program posted on Facebook . Created in ord...